Issues that Face Women in B2B Sales and Sales Leadership Roles
According to Women in Revenue’s annual survey, the top three challenges for women in revenue roles are:
- Work-life balance – this has been exacerbated by the pandemic. 2.4 million women left the workforce in the past year, 50% more than the number of men that have stopped working. Women’s labor participation rate is the lowest it has been since 1988.
- Compensation equity – women struggle to know their worth and negotiate fair pay. Some of Women in Revenue’s most popular events have been presentations on how to unlock your worth and how to articulate your value.
- The need for mentorship:
- One-to-one connections – long-term, ongoing mentor relationships matched through the community.
- One-to-few connections – small, topic-based group sessions with experienced leaders.
- One-to-many connections – live and on-demand events, in-person and virtual, that address topics to help the community.